Shotgun | Trap, Skeet & Sporting Clays
2023 Shotgun League – Team and Fee Information
- FIVE-PERSON TEAMS
- Only the top four shooters’ scores count for team score.
- A shooter can only shoot on one team within the league
Sponsor Fees and Shooter Fees
- $50.00 per team.
- Individual shooter fee $6.00.
Teams and Divisions & Shooting Sequence
- Teams will have the required number of shooters signed up before the first day of shooting.
- Each team shoots 2 rounds of 25 targets. The first 25 targets at the 16-yard line. The second 25 targets the 20-yard handicap yard line. Total weeks will count for the team position in the league.
- Any shooter may replace a 16-yard score or the handicap score (or both) by shooting the round over the same day. The last round for the particular yardage will be the recorded league score. Shooter can shoot rounds over as many times as they wish. Shooter needs to mark the last scoring round with the yardage and “last.”
- Additional replacement shooters may be allowed. The following restrictions will apply:
- A shooter to replace a shooter who must drop off the team: Replacement shooter cannot use previous shooter’s scores. The team will lose the previous shooter’s scores. The replacement shooter will have to make up previous shooter’s scores, if needed for team scores.
- Shooters cannot change teams.
Shoot Ahead and Make-Up Shooting
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be allowed.
- All Shoot Ahead and Make Ups must be initialed by the cashier and scorekeeper.
- No member of that team may pull or mark for that team.
- Each shooter is responsible for placing the Team’s Name, date shot, Date for makeup, and correct yardage for the score sheet.
Each Team Captain is Responsible for
- Picking up their prepared Score Sheets prior to the Team Shooting Time.
- The conduct of his/her team members.
- The completion of the weekly score sheet prior to returning it to cashier.
Shotguns with bore larger than 12 gauge are not allowed to be used in League Shooting. Powder charges will not exceed 3 drams equivalent. Lead shot from size 71/2 to 9 are the only legal sizes allowed. Shot quantity is 1-1/8 oz. max.
Team Delays or Shooting in Rain with the following exceptions:
NO!!! shooting will be allowed when severe LIGHTNING is present. Make up will be done when range is available after League action which has stopped and/or delayed.
League Winners Will Be Determined by the Total target’s scores for the best four shooters
SCORING RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Any visible target chip will count.
- Any shooter who shoots at a broken target, as judged
- by the scorekeeper shall be required to shoot over.
- The shooter must call for the target in a loud and clear voice to activate the electronic calling system.
TROPHIES – AWARDS – PRIZES
- The shooter with the highest score for the league will receive an award
- The shooter with the second highest score for the league will received an award
- The team with the highest score for the league will receive an award
- The team with the second highest for the league will receive an award
- The shooter with the highest score on each team will receive an award
- Other prizes as appropriate
- Practice dates – May 3 & 4
- May 10 & 11 – League starts
- League every week
- Last day of League – August 23-24
- Awards night – August 30
Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Range Rules
EMERGENCY PROCEDURE FOR THE HODAG TRAP RANGE
- FROM A CELL PHONE, CALL 911.
- YOU ARE AT THE HODAG TRAP RANGE – 4480 COUNTY HIGHWAY C.
IN ORDER TO HAVE A SAFE AND CLEAN RANGE, THE FOLLOWING RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES.
- ALWAYS POINT THE MUZZLE IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.
- Keep the action of your gun open at all times except when standing on the shooting station ready to Shoot.
- Never load your gun except when standing on the shooting station ready to shoot.
- No more than 2 shells at a time in skeet, sporting clays, 5 stand and doubles trap.
- No more than 1 shell at a time in singles and handicap trap.
- Never load or fire a gun if there is any doubt about its ability to operate safely and reliably.
- Never attempt to load or fire a gun unless you are familiar with its operation.
- No shot size large than 7 ½ lead or 7 steel on trap/skeet or 5 stand fields.
- Never rely on a safety mechanism.
- No alcohol is allowed to be consumed before or during shooting.
- Always keep your muzzle pointed towards the center stake or down range if you have a misfire or malfunction.
Sporting Clays – New for 2021
We have added a 15 station Sporting Clay course to our Shotgun range. Check back for updates !