Shotgun | Trap, Skeet & Sporting Clays
Shotgun Team and Fee Information
36 Six Person Teams Allowed
- All Six Men/Women shoot with the sixth person between station 4 and 5.
- Only the top five scores count for team tally.
- A shooter can only shoot on one team within the League.
Sponsor Fees and Shooter Fees
- $40.00 per team.
- Individual shooter fee $6.00.
Teams and Divisions
- Teams will have the required number of shooters signed up before the First Day of shooting. (Minimum 5 Shooters – Maximum 6 Shooters).
- Each team shoots 50 targets. The first 25 at 16 yard line. The second 25 birds at the team handicap yard line. The total weeks will be counted for team scores. Total weeks, will count for the team position in their respective division. Team Divisions will be decided after the last week of shooting and posted at League Picnic.
- Additional Replacement Shooters may be allowed.
The following restrictions will apply:
- A replacement shooter to replace a shooter who has to drop off the team. Replacement shooter cannot use previous shooter’s scores. The team will lose the previous shooters scores. The replacement shooter will have to make up previous shooters scores, if needed for team scores.
- Additional shooters: Maximum of six shooters per team.
- Shooters that wish to change teams for any reason, must do so prior to the end of the third week of shooting. After this time, they have to remain with the assigned team.
Shoot Ahead and Make-Up Shooting
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be allowed.
- Handicap yardage will be posted on the team’s score sheet.
- All Shoot Ahead and Make Ups must be approved and initialed by the cashier, official maker/puller. Chairman or designee.
- No member of that team may pull or mark for that team.
- Each shooter is responsible for placing the Team Name, date shot for, and correct yardage for that shoot ahead.
Handicap Chart Team
|Team Average||2nd Shoot |
H.C. Yd. Line
|Team Average||2nd Shoot |
H.C. Yd. Line
|0-164||16 Yards||205-214||21 Yards|
|165-174||17 Yards||215-224||22 Yards|
|175-184||18 Yards||225-234||23 Yards|
|185-194||19 Yards||235-244||24 Yards|
|195-204||20 Yards||245-250||25 Yards|
Each Team Captain is Responsible for
- Picking up their prepared Score Sheets prior to the Team Shooting Time.
- Trap Ticket from each Shooter being attached to Score Sheet.
- The conduct of his/her team members.
- The completion of the weekly score sheet prior to returning it to cashier.
Shotguns with bore larger than 12 gauge are not allowed to be used in League Shooting. Powder charges will not exceed 3 drams equivalent. Lead shot from size 71/2 to 9 are the only legal sizes allowed. Shot quantity is 1-1/8 oz. max.
Team Delays or Shooting in Rain with the following exceptions:
NO!!! shooting will be allowed when severe LIGHTNING is present. Make up will be done when range is available after League action which has stopped and/or delayed.
League Winners Will Be Determined by the Handicap Total Birds.
Awards for week achievements will be presented at the League Picnic.
Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays Range Rules
EMERGENCY PROCEDURE FOR THE HODAG TRAP RANGE
- FROM A CELL PHONE, CALL 911.
- YOU ARE AT THE HODAG TRAP RANGE – 4480 COUNTY HIGHWAY C.
IN ORDER TO HAVE A SAFE AND CLEAN RANGE, THE FOLLOWING RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES.
- ALWAYS POINT THE MUZZLE IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
- ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF OF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.
- Keep the action of your gun open at all times except when standing on the shooting station ready to Shoot.
- Never load your gun except when standing on the shooting station ready to shoot.
- No more than 2 shells at a time in skeet, sporting clays, 5 stand and doubles trap.
- No more than 1 shell at a time in singles and handicap trap.
- Never load or fire a gun if there is any doubt about its ability to operate safely and reliably.
- Never attempt to load or fire a gun unless you are familiar with its operation.
- No shot size large than 7 ½ lead or 7 steel on trap/skeet or 5 stand fields.
- Never rely on a safety mechanism.
- No alcohol is allowed to be consumed before or during shooting.
- Always keep your muzzle pointed towards the center stake or down range if you have a misfire or malfunction.
Sporting Clays – New for 2019
New for 2019! We are adding Sporting Clays to our Shotgun range. Check back for updates to see when this exciting sport will be available at our Shotgun Range.